If you are short on time or want to begin with the heart of the matter, MDE recommends these two books to every member. They are classics in business development, valuable no matter what stage you’re at in your venture, containing principles and reminders applicable wherever in the world you’re working.
The following books on Business and Mission may be of service if you’re curious to learn more about this movement and the integration of faith and business.
The Integration of Faith and Business
- Anointed for Business, Ed Silvoso
- Business for the Glory of God: The Bible’s Teaching on the Moral Goodness of Business, Wayne Grudem
- Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God’s Work by Timothy Keller
- Faith Driven Entrepreneur: What It Takes to Step Into Your Purpose, Henry Kaestner
Business and Missions
- BAM Global Movement: Business as Mission Concepts & Stories, Gea Gort and Mats Tunehag
- Business as Mission, Michael R. Baer
- Business as Mission: A Comprehensive Guide to Theory and Practice, C. Neal Johnson
- Business as Mission in a Nutshell—All the Basics: The Essential Road Map for Christian Entrepreneur, C. Neal Johnson
- Business for Transformation: Getting Started, Patrick Lai
- God is at Work by Kenneth A. Eldred
- Great Commission Companies, Steve Rundle and Tom Steffen
- The Missional Entrepreneur, Mark Russell
- Missions Disrupted: From Professional Missionaries to Missional Professionals, Larry W. Sharp
- Tentmaking: The Life and Work of Business as Missions, Patrick Lai
Member & Volunteer Resources
MDE provides access to the following resources for members and volunteers.