But you know this. You would like to share the gospel, make disciples, and help new believers form or plug into a church in unreached communities, but you are not a "missionary" and are not sure how. Or maybe you would like to help build into a community. Help its local economy to grow, help meet a community need, or even help fight abuses that are rampant there. But God has given you a vocational passion. You've spent a lot of time and money getting that degree or gaining experience on the job. You want to utilize what you've learned to earn a living and make a difference in the lives of others. MDE helps people like you do just that.
We are helping mature Christ-followers, who want to use their vocational skills and experience and want to change lives, to be Christ's ambassadors in unreached communities. We are helping people who are making disciples "here" make disciples "there." We are helping teachers, lab techs, salespeople, engineers, doctors, chemists and others find jobs in unreached communities and partner with others to develop relationships, make friends, build trust, share dreams and trials and struggles and joys, and tell others about the true Lord and his love and mercy and grace.
Just to clarify...MDE is a service organization, not a mission agency. We provide or help MDE members find:
- Cross-cultural business/employment/development opportunities
- Advice/counsel from knowledgeable, passionate, experienced business and development experts from multiple disciplines
- Networking opportunities (both overseas and at home)
- Accounting support/systems
- Operational structures
- Personal assessment (skills, personality, language aptitude, etc.)
- Mobilization/teaming support
- Personal encouragement/care support (pastoral, child education, spiritual development, conflict resolution, etc.)
- Coordination/logistical support (travel, on-field arrival, visas, etc.)
- Sense of mission/team
- Security and crisis support
- Business plan development
- Ministry plan development
- Business internships
- Cross-cultural adaptation
- Language learning
- Church planting strategies
- Evangelism and discipleship
- Spiritual formation
- Biblical knowledge
- Continue to love and follow Jesus Christ with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.
- Work with others (that we connect you with or that you make a connection with) to carry out a disciple-making, church planting strategy. Not that you do everything, but you must commit to doing your part.
- Be accountable to others -- to your teammates and to an MDE coach for your walk with the Lord and for meeting your ministry goals.
- Contribute to the cost of doing all this by paying a $50 monthly membership fee. You can pay this yourself or find supporters (your church, family, friends) who are willing to pay it on your behalf (on a tax-deductible basis).
Work as an employee of an international company or a local business in an unreached community.